New Year Wish

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Prematurity Awareness Month

 Every November is March of Dimes, Prematurity Awareness Month.  March of Dimes and preemie babies are a cause near and dear to my heart.  In 2006 I was pregnant with my first child, a little boy, and he was due April 10th.  I was having the perfect pregnancy.  No complaints!  My doctor always told me how easy it was when I was in for my visit b/c my blood pressure was perfect, weight gain was right on track, belly measured perfectly, heartbeat was spot on each time.  Then on Sunday, January 29th, everything changed.  I went into pre-term labor and delivered my little boy, Brendan Paul, on Monday January 30th, 2006 at 30 weeks.  He was pink and screaming and itty-bitty.
Brendan in NICU: One week old

They do not know why I went into pre-term labor and went on to deliver him 10 weeks early.  There are so many unknowns and that is why we love March of Dimes and all the work and research they do to promote awareness for all these tiny miracles.  My son is now a healthy soon-to-be 5 year old and keeps us on our toes!
Our healthy miracle!


If you would like to help I will be donating a portion of all my November sales to the March of Dimes.  Check out their website,March of Dimes to learn more about prematurity awareness.

No comments: