New Year Wish

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Paying It Forward 2011

Recently a old friend from grade school had a Facebook status about Paying it Forward in 2011.  The concept was the first 5 people that commented would be given something handmade by the poster and in turn they posted it as their status.  I fell in love with this simple idea and thought how happy it would make someone to receive an unexpected handmade gift sometime during the year.  It got me thinking how nice it would be to do little things throughout the year for people in my life and the first was to make a flower clip for a sweet baby girl to go with a matching onesie I found at Target.






Just picture the above on a sweet teeny tiny 5 week old baby girl.  Paying it forward was so easy and I encourage others to try this simple act in 2011.  Right after I made this and left to go pick my son up at preschool and kind man was driving a snow plow down our road and clearing all the build-up off the end of driveways.  I went to thank him and he said, "No problem.  The road was kind of messy and my mom lives down the street.  Just trying to help everyone out."  Paying It Forward.

How have you witnessed Paying It Forward?  I would love to hear your stories!

No comments: